Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

not receiving messages on s6 lite tablet

(Topic created on: 10-25-2020 09:20 AM)
renoir
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
The messages I receive on my samsung s7 phone (with native messaging app) are not showing up on my s6 lite tablet. What can Ido to get them to be transferred?
0 Likes
17 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi renoir, Sorry for not telling you this before. Please try to enable it on your Tab S6 lite.

0 Likes
renoir
Active Level 1
Tablets
call and text on my tablet os on.
0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
The S7 doesn't support Call and Message Continuity. You need a supported phone that runs on Pie or later. The option you've enabled is completely unrelated to text messages
renoir
Active Level 1
Tablets
yes, I have come to the same conclusion on botb points: the s7 does not support what i want to do and tje share with nearby devices is for something else. many thanks to all for your input. not about to replace my s7, so will be satisfied with sms on my phone and on messenger, available on all devices, including pc of course.
renoir
Active Level 1
Tablets
It looks like if I want to reveive and send sms on my tablet and pc I could use the google messages app on my phone and the web version of it on the tablet and pc. Do you have any experience with that setup?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the help, CHMultimedia.

Hi renoir, Sorry for the miscommunication. Yes, S7 doesn't support this feature. You could accept @CHMultimedia's comment as solution (3 dots >> Accept as Solution) and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
renoir
Active Level 1
Tablets
done. thank you for the tip.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

You are welcome 🙂 @renoir.

0 Likes