Original topic:

s pen not working on tablet s3

(Topic created on: 01-25-2020 07:36 AM)
JohnM
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
My s pen will not work. I assume it has lost its charge but I don't know how to recharge it. There is no charging slot for the S pen on a tab s3.

Perhaps that isn't even the issue.

Any suggestions to point me in the right direction to get it operational again? 

Thanks John

15 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Hi JohnM

You just have to replace the tip to make it work again...i did'nt found the english webpage for this, so use Chrome and put the translator :

https://www.samsung.com/ca_fr/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-tab-s3-replace-the-tip-of-the-samsung-pe...

20170512011822325_AEMK3OQT.png20170512011829768_S2E3DFCN.png

0 Likes
JohnM
Active Level 2
Tablets
Thank you, my French is good enough to understand the directions. The s3 was my wife's and she never used the spen so I assumed it was still good. I'll buy some new tips and try it out.

Thanks again, John
0 Likes
Gana_Dube
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Out of curiosity, if the Pen is not regularly used, why would the tip need to be replaced? 

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
JohnM
normally, Samsung are giving us 2 or 3 additionnal tips in the box , check there first.

if your wife never use it, it's supposed to works, check in Advanced settings / the S-Pen settings what's enable...i don't saw any reset in my Tab S4

If you have Air Command, you can empty the cache and data also
0 Likes
JohnM
Active Level 2
Tablets

Bonjour et merci encoree une fois.

J'ai trouve' les stylets supplementaires et j'en ai insere' un nouveau, sans resultat. Aussi j'ai nettoye' le cach avec aucun effet.

Il se peut que le stylet ne fonctionne plus.

John

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
The Tab S3 did not feature battery-powered S-Pens. The first tablet with this was the Tab S6.

Do you have any other S-Pen (including from Note phones) you can try to use with the tablet?
0 Likes
JohnM
Active Level 2
Tablets

I tried the pen from my wife's S6 but it didn't work on the S3

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Then I'd go to an authorized service center to get a diagnosis.

To be clear, you can't get your wife's Tab S6's S-Pen to work (drawing on the screen...)?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Alors je ne vois plus que 3 solutions possibles...
1. le S-Pen n'est pas activé dans les paramètres https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/SM-T820NZKAXAC/ télécharger et voir manuel Page 37 et activier Air Command dans les paramètres avancés du S-Pen
2. on pourrait faire un wipe cache partition pour voir si ça change quelque chose
voir ce video MAIS descendre avec les touches volumes sur Wipe Cache Partition et pressez sur Power pour nettoyer le cache. Quand le wipe cache est fait cliquez sur Reboot System Now
3. Réinitialisation d'usine
0 Likes