Original topic:

Icon Frames on Apps on Home Screen

(Topic created on: 03-16-2019 05:03 AM)
JSMathieu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Themes
As was previously featured in the Samsung OS, it would be greatly appreciated if it was possible to disable the icon frames on apps that don't conform to the shape of others. This feature offered further personalisation of one's home screen without taking too much storage space or being intrusive.
4 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Themes
It is possible to implement changing the icon shapes as a native feature. Since Oreo, launchers can define the shape of icons. You have complete freedom on their shape. It's called Adaptive Icons.
0 Likes
Themes
In French, where is the options for Icon Frame ? and what's is the name of the option in French ?
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Themes
How does this give the op a toggle in the display menu?
Your answer is ridiculous. Do you snap your fingers? Oh i know. You use your 3rd eye to change the borders of your icons. Clearly you must be capable of it.
How should one alter their icons with no additional software? I believe it was the questiin you failed to answer.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Themes
If you didn't understand, it means that the feature is unavailable since Oreo. It was disabled. You need other software or you wait until Samsung adds the feature to its stock launcher

Don't you love it when some random stranger that has nothing to do with the initial situation gets mad because he didn't understand the answer? It always makes my day better and motivates me to continue helping others.
0 Likes