Original topic:

Theme Icons

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 04:34 AM)
MastaTek
Active Level 3
Options
Themes
Can something be done about  the themes that are for sale,  but do not have a complete icon database? There's nothing worse than purchasing a theme only to have 65% of your icons look completely  out of place. 

Samsung should be the option to tap  and hold an icon and then change that individual  icon 

Or make the people  who submit themes make their icons adaptive  .
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Themes
Or add support for Play Store icon packs
keagan
Options
Themes

Hi MastaTek, I suggest you to change the theme on your phone to the default one, restart the device, disable the dark mode if it is enabled and now try to apply the new theme again. I hope this will solve the issue. It would be helpful if you share the screenshots.

0 Likes
MastaTek
Active Level 3
Themes
ok. I'll give that a shot, but gotta say Keagan, don't you think it takes the "feature" part of dark mode (and themes for that matter) away if I have to sacrifice one for the functionality of another?
0 Likes
MastaTek
Active Level 3
Themes
keagan - here you can see only the Samsung apps that come with the phone are changed and other apps, even ones such as Google chrome, are subject to a very eye catching mismatch of the theme.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Themes

Hi MastaTek, I do understand your requirements. However, not all of the items will change, and the range of items subject to change may vary depending on the theme. Please note that if the version of your device does not match the Theme, the Theme may be incompatible with some screens. However, we will take it as feedback.

0 Likes
MastaTek
Active Level 3
Themes
if uou guys won't make it so your thene designers update their icons to include variations of at minimum google apps, or even add the option to change each individual icon to one of the styles ive downloaded from the Samsung theme store, i might as well root and install a custom rom where I can do that because customization is the entire point of open source software.

if you're an android user and you don't make use of customization, you might as well be an apple user. sorry to say
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Themes

Hi MastaTek, I will forward this as your suggestion and the related team will look into this. I would like to suggest you don't root the device. Rooting disables some of the built-in security features of the operating system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe, and your data secure from exposure or corruption.

0 Likes
MastaTek
Active Level 3
Themes
Easy enough to install equally decent security and backup apps. Samsung gives its customers a ton of reasons to root and use custom operating systems.

if you added maybe 2 dozen customization features to your phone's OS, One UI and the Samsung stock roms would dominate and no one would root to instsll the custome Lineage roms.

0 Likes