Original topic:

How to back up photos to SD card?

(Topic created on: 04-04-2019 07:02 PM)
LittleKitten
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tip
     I don't know how and my phone space is dangerously low. Please help!
0 Likes
11 Comments
Tip

its best to do this from a PC, plug your phone into a computer via USB Cable and drag and drop your photos from the DCIM folder to the SD Card (also inserted in your PC)

You can also do this from File Manager, but depending how many pictures you have this could take some time. Also when you put in a SD Card for the first time and launch camera, you will see the storage where photos will be saved should automitcally be changed to SD card.

Options
Tip

Wow, you beat me to it @SnowCat19! Appreciated as always 😊

@LittleKitten, @SnowCat19's method is best if you have lots of photos you want to move. It's really down to what works best for you!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Options
Tip

Hey @LittleKitten,

Don't panic, it's a pretty simple process! Just follow these steps:

1.  From your app drawer, go to "My Files".
  2.  Tap on "Images" under "Categories".
  3.  From each category, you can tap and hold an image to select multiple.
  4.  Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
  5.  Select "Move", and tap on "SD card".
  6.  Choose the folder in your SD card you'd like to move your images to, and tap "Done".

Congratulations, you've just moved the photos to your SD card! Hope this helps 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
LittleKitten
Beginner Level 2
Tip
Sabrina, the problem is that when I tap on the three dots, it doesn't say move, but it does say Move to Secure Folder. Help?
0 Likes
Options
Tip

Strange... what device and OS are you running? Older versions of Android may not support this feature. Give this method a try:

1. Go to "My Files".
  2. Tap on "Internal" > "Open" > "DCIM".
  3. Select the Camera folder.
  4. Select the photos you'd like to move, then tap the three dots in the corner.
  5. Tap on "Move" > "SD Card".

Hopefully this works for you! If it doesn't and you're in a pinch, you could try using the USB cable option that @SnowCat19 suggested. It's the easiest and quickest way to move those photos 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
LittleKitten
Beginner Level 2
Tip
I need an answer soon
0 Likes
Tip

Hey LittleKitten,

if you are still unable to move your photos, shoot me a DM and I can walk you through it :)

0 Likes
LittleKitten
Beginner Level 2
Tip
Maybe, but I will ask my cousins first
0 Likes
Tip

sure, please let us know :)

0 Likes