Original topic:

Is this DOT normal when shooting in the sun?

(Topic created on: 08-29-2020 02:45 PM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Tip
0 Likes
15 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tip
not if its in every shot...
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tip
only when it's sunny
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tip
well at first I thought it might it have been a reflection, but the sun is behind the house... so check ur lens cover and if its not that, return the device for swap
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tip
what am I looking for in the lens cover?
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tip
also the sun is behind that house and am across the street right in front of the sun in my eye.. not sure if that did it?
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Tip
it good be just flare, but you wanna check for spots, dust, moisture, cracks anything imperfect... to test for flare shoot some more copies in similar scenarios but hold you hands flat above the lens when taking the shot
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tip
gotcha.. I will definitely test that way and see what happens. thanks so much @Fatwa ! you guys here are so awesome!
0 Likes
Tip
Yes, is normal. I tried once in my Note10+, it does had a dot when taking a photo to direct sunlight. I rarely do this, I am afraid that the condense light dot will hurt my camera sensor 🙁

I think that is the sunlight reflection.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Tip
yeah I think so too.. I just tried another one, the sun moved a little to the right and I covered with my hand and I get a green dot and sometimes a rainbow effect..its all reflection I think..