Original topic:

Something I learnt which may help others.

(Topic created on: 05-20-2018 09:49 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tip
On my new awesome s9 phone, and also being new to android, I was recently at a concert and I filmed the singer for about three minutes and took maybe 5 photos. We went back to the hotel after, and when I woke up the next morning, I had notifications from Telus saying I used up all my 1 GB of data. After some playing around through the settings, I realized that my google photos was set to upload over data, as I didn't have it set to only wifi. I still can't believe that just a small amount of video would consume 1 GB, but it did so I had to purchase another GB for the rest of my month.
5 Comments
Tip
Yeah it's a good idea to check that none of the apps installed have permission to upload to the cloud - Including Samsung cloud which is set to backup by Default - which I think is wrong - No apps should be setup to backup to any cloud storage by Default! 🐧
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tip
Thanks, I better check the Samsung cloud. Thanks for the tip.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Tip
And the video you prob had the highest setting 4k which would definety use a lot of data to upload to the cloud. in the settings you're able to change it to only upload on WiFi
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tip
Thankyou, I did change it to wifi only.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Tip
Hey members, thanks for your support!

- Wonchul
0 Likes