Original topic:

44mm Active 2

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 02:49 PM)
gagraham
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I must say that I am very disappointed with the quality of the glass used in this watch, I have owned this for just over a month now and the edge of the bezel is scratched quite badly where it rubs the sleeve. I don't wear any jewelry or watches when I am working because they are a catching hazard. I contacted Samsung recently regarding the issue and was told to bad its normal wear, I have a watch that's 40 years old that exhibits no scratches on the crystal.  If this is a fitness watch and this is normal wear I advise against purchasing it because it doesn't stand up to normal use it will be a disaster in a work out environment. 

Very Disappointed 
Gary 
15 Comments
gagraham
Active Level 1
Wearables
The new active 2 doesn't have the rotating bezel and it's the edge of the glass that's scratched, poorly designed.
0 Likes
sonny72
Active Level 4
Wearables
That's no good. I guess you would have to get the screen protector.
0 Likes
Higira
Active Level 3
Wearables
maybe you got a defective unit? I bumped mine across a metal cabinet in my office and no scratch. I got mine preordered so it's been a while already.
0 Likes
Higira
Active Level 3
Wearables
0 Likes
gagraham
Active Level 1
Wearables
I already contacted Samsung's customer service and was told to bad its normal wear, so I have been telling people I know looking a smartwatch to avoid the Samsung and why.
0 Likes
gagraham
Active Level 1
Wearables
I have a new and somewhat troubling problem with the active 2 watch, every 2nd charge the battery and charger are extremely hot, to the point that I charge it in a metal container to prevent fires. Every time that I get outside of the bluetooth range the battery will overheat heat requiring removal to prevent burning myself. I have followed the instructions from Samsung and reset the watch and app with no positive effects. In my opinion these devices should be removed from the marketplace until they can be made safe for use. I would appreciate hearing from others who are having similar experiences with their watch.
0 Likes