Original topic:

Allow remapping of buttons on Galaxy Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 09-22-2020 11:36 AM)
joejmatt
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hi Samsung Dev,

Could you please add an option to remapp the long press of the back button on the Galaxy Watch Active 2 to any other shortcut such as launch an app or open Bixby listening mode(i have turned off Bixby to always listen when screen is on), etc., 
My double press of menu button is already mapped to open recent apps. 
9 Comments
whatznew2011
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I want to change the back button hard press assignment too. You can do it with the home button, why not with the back button. I don't want to use Samsung pay so I don't want to hard press the back button and get Samsung pay. Please how can we change it to something else. I tried to do it with the app and the watch settings and even though I uninstalled Samsung pay from the watch, I still get Samsung pay when I hard press the back button. Help please and thanks

EmmaHoski
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Was there a answer to this? 

Paulo_Prata
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I hate that feature. In my country there aren't samsung pay. So stupid. 

BevanBroun
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I need this too! In water mode the back button is the only one we can use.

I need to assign long press back button to messages app so I can see missed messages in water mode.

0 Likes
keihoop
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

whatznew2011 - did you ever find a solution to this?? It is really annoying. Id much rather use the long press on top button for something else... thank you

yunusalih
Active Level 1
Wearables

i live in a country where samsung pay is disabled, so long pressing the back button does nothing. At least add an option to customize long press back button but i would also love to see to have foır different quick launch options with long press and double press combined with these two buttons. it would add so much to the exprience, and it is not even hard to add it. you have tis option with double pressing home button. if i need to start a petition ill do that too. 

Buff52
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I would glad sign such a petition....In the uk, none of the big high street banks could reach an agreement with Samsung regarding 'pay' , so it is useless to me. Why Samsung has such a dismal range of re-mapping of the buttons is beyond me.- Even on my 'ancient' pebble I could assign 3 remaps on each button (except for long press for power off button) -short press, long press & double press.- Come on Samsung! ...give us the option to change a shortcut that is useless to most (I suspect) users. Either that or sort out & widen the availability of 'pay'  

Members_UoW8cBD
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I'd like to know where you got that idea? Maybe it's because your post is two years old, but when you open up the wearables app on the phone, they only show one button to change what it does, and that's the home button. It's right at the top of the home screen, "Home Button," and there's nothing on any page of the app that says back button.

If this doesn't change it will be the last Samsung phone I ever buy. I'm trying to do my exercises, and log them on my watch, but whenever I do pushups my wrist keeps opening Samsung Pay. **bleep** royally!

0 Likes
Members_UoW8cBD
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Samsung, you see on this thread that this request is two years old. Are you reading the community posts? I'm trying to use my watch to log my exercises, but when I do pushups or similar exercises, my wrist keeps opening up Samsung Pay in the middle of my workout!

This stinks bad. If this doesn't get fixed this will be the last Samsung device I ever buy. What on Earth makes you want to limit an option in the watch like this? Give people choices!!!

Sams