Original topic:

And here it is!

(Topic created on: 02-26-2019 11:05 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Wearables
Can you really find yourself gazing at a 1.2" display? Here's the Galaxy Watch, finally here!!!
dd6382b5-b539-4714-a798-917007c1f992.jpg

d3d0a0f8-1409-4d7f-82e0-f7fc2b5b7b8e.jpg

I just got it a few minutes ago! I'll have a proper review but here's my first impressions.

The device feels very good on the wrist. The strap is very comfortable, and the watch's weight is barely noticeable.

T
he Super AMOLED display doesn't live up to the Note9's display. But you are asking a 1.2" watch to match one of the best AMOLED panels ever produced, which still accounts for the majority of the Note9's BOM. It is still a very good screen.

Bezel navigation is very intuitive. Scroll with the bezel and select by touch.

Managing the device through the Wearable app on the phone is very convenient.

It's quite customizable! Still haven't found the AOD on the device though.

The watch has a bit of autonomy. You can do basic phone functions directly from the watch, like calls, texts (incl. MMS), timer, stopwatch... plus a lot of health-related functions.

In one sentence: I love it.

Thanks again Samsung Canada for this spectacular prize! Samsung Members!!!

(
PS: I just got it so I don't have criticism yet)
7 Comments
Bing
Active Level 10
Wearables
I'm glad u love it. congrats on receiving it
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Thanks!

I do have one concern, which is the battery. 270mAh is not a lot
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Wearables
your battery should last a couple days with AOD turned on. congrats on the watch
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I know you have a Gear Sport, which has only 30mAh more battery than the Watch, and also it has a 14nm E7270, vs the 10nm E9110 of the Watch. So I trust your estimate.

And thanks!
0 Likes
Wearables
Enjoy this watch!!
I have been using my Galaxy Watch since the day it was released and even though it is similar to the Gear S3, it still has enough differences for me to enjoy it,

here is my full review on the Galaxy Watch!! Love this watch.

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA/profile_post?categoryId=10008&postId=396410
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Seems they fixed that Wake-to-wrist gesture you spoke of in your review. I just have to make a small gesture to wake the screen.

By the way, do you know a good Maps app on the Watch? There's a few paid of them and I don't want to pay for a fake app.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Wearables
Hey @CHMultimedia,

Glad to see you've received it, and that you're enjoying it so far! Go Samsung Members 😊

Cheers,
Sabrina