Original topic:

Ask An Expert - Wearables Thread!

(Topic created on: 10-21-2019 10:08 AM)
Options
Wearables

Hey Samsung Members!

This is the second installment of "Ask an Expert" - this time its about all things Wearables! The thread will open and we'll go live on October 24(Thursday) from 3-4pm EST! When the thread opens we'll be answering your questions LIVE! Remember to comment on the thread during that time so that we can respond:)

For those who are new, or would like a refresher, here are some of the guidelines to it:

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times

We'll see you then!

123 Comments
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Here is a question from @redbeard:

hi, I have a Galaxy S9 plus which I'm trying to pair to two separate S3 watches. I am able to briefly pair them together but eventually one cannot pair and I need to go to the whole connection process again. I lose all my watch faces. I used to have an S3 and an S2 pair to the same phone and the gear app allowed for easy switching between the two. Automatic switching option is not even available when I'm trying to pair to S3 watches to my S9 Plus. what steps do I need to take?

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Hi there!  There is no option to pair two Smart watches to one phone at a time. We recommend you use Samsung wearable app to pair the watches. As both watches are of same model, the watch faces are getting replaced. You can try using two different Samsung account on the watches to avoid replacement of the watch faces and other data. You may need to remove the Samsung account when you switch the watch.

0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Wearables
hi, I have several questions about the galaxy watch active 2 in terms of hardware and software.
1. it was demonstrated how OFFICIAL softwares like youtube, twitter and google translator worked on the watch, so when would they be actually available?
2. it has been said that the ECG function will come to the watch. So what and where are the poles (sensors) on the watch? Thanks.
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Hi Nicklnq! 

Let us consult regarding the first question - will reply shortly. 

Regarding the ECG function - we don't have any info on release of this feature at this time - it won't be available at launch, pending further approvals. 

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Hi again!  Twitter will be available from launch but in regards to the Google Translate, and YouTube apps, they will be released on the Galaxy Store soon. Stay tuned for notices in Samsung Members related to this availability.

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

here is a question from @Bradls:

is Samsung ever going to fix the galaxy watch update issue. starting to become very frustrated after paying a large amount of money.

dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

We are sorry to hear about the overall experience you are having with the Galaxy watch. 
Samsung is aware of that some apps on certain Galaxy watches are not updating. This case has been reported and should be fixed by next software update.
Please keep the software of the Galaxy watch updated which would also introduce new features and improve device performance. Below is the procedure to update the Galaxy watch.
From a Home screen on your companion Android smartphone, tap the Galaxy Wearable app. Tap the Home tab (lower-left).
Tap About Galaxy Watch>>Update watch software>>Update now.
Thanks for being a Samsung Customer.

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Here is a question from @Richard80:

Why does the Galaxy Watch have such a hard time installing applications? Some are nearly impossible.

dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

We are sorry to hear about the overall experience you are having with the Galaxy watch. 
Samsung is aware of that some apps on certain Galaxy watches are not updating or installing. This case has been reported and should be fixed by next software update.
Please keep the software of the Galaxy watch updated which would also introduce new features and improve device performance. Below is the procedure to update the Galaxy watch.
From a Home screen on your companion Android smartphone, tap the Galaxy Wearable app. Tap the Home tab (lower-left).
Tap About Galaxy Watch>>Update watch software>>Update now.

0 Likes
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Wearables

Another question - this one is from @DoodleDeb:

My Samsung Frontier S3 can be used for samsung pay without having my phone close by. Apparently, the Galaxy Watch I've just bought won't do that. Why the backwards step in evolution?

0 Likes