Original topic:

ECG on galaxy watch active 2 in Canada?

(Topic created on: 09-23-2020 01:04 PM)
s1l3ntk1ll3r
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Any thoughts on when/if Canadian galaxy watch active 2 will get the ECG update? Fitbit, Apple et all seem to have approvals for EKG or stress or VO2 max etc but somehow Samsung doesn't. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

UPDATE : Follow the link posted below and it works with the latest update like a charm!!! Those XDA guys and technoProz always deliver.
35 Comments
Wearables
There is no words from Samsung Canada about ECG yet, since it is not aporoved by Health Canada.
0 Likes
s1l3ntk1ll3r
Active Level 3
Wearables
Same with the stress app, that came to the US in 2017/18 I think. Wondering if Health Canada is extremely sensitive or if Samsung isn't pushing hard enough.
0 Likes
maranr
Active Level 2
Wearables
Samsung is very poor in communicating these things. I have no idea if we will ever get a whole list of features they promised. Starting to think I should have gone with a Garmin.
Henryfries
Beginner Level 5
Wearables

I have the active 2 lte, $600 watch. It keeps overheating and shutting down, samsung 2 times declined warranty they said there is no problem with it. This is widespread and tons of people have this problem.

- Galaxy active 2 was constantly overheating and shutting down, why did they continue to sell it without a solution.

- why does the galaxy 3 watch also have this problem.

- why doesn't warranty cover this problem

- why doesn't samsung get back to the people about this problem so they can get over it, they are left out in the cold.

- instead of recalling the watch that isn't usable they continue to sell the broken product and then leave the customers out in the cold with no answer.

-if the problem wasn't fixed for previous versions of watches, why are they rolling out the new 3 gen watches with the same problems?

- samsung ratings  out of 1324 reviews their star rating is 1.33, please review samsung customer care and their products before you buy, they don't honor their warranty. They have a bad reputation of getting back to people, they leave their paying customers out in the cold after they get their money.

keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Henryfries, If you feel discomfort due to overheating while using the device, stop using it immediately and remove it from your wrist. To avoid problems such as device malfunction, skin discomfort or damage, or battery drain, a warning will appear on the device if it reaches a specific temperature. When the initial warning appears, device functions will be disabled until the device cools down to a specific temperature. However, the emergency call feature will be available on the LTE model. If the device temperature continues to increase, a second warning will appear. At this time, the device will shut down. Do not use the device until it cools down to a specific temperature. As you are using the LTE model, an emergency call that has been previously connected will remain active until you are finished, even though the second warning will appear.

If you still experiencing any issue, I suggest you to contact the live chat support and they will help you with setting up the service.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
Samsung_Ey5mcoe
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

So showing a heat warning when using LTE and not being able to make calls is proper operation for the active 2?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Samsung_Ey5mcoe,

This is a normal operation to prevent damage to the device.
At that time wait for the device to cool down and then begin using or charging the device again.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Thanks Tallman. 

Hi s1l3ntk1ll3r, Samsung is working closely with many regulators in countries and looking forward to expanding the services to more markets. We will share updates in the future.

s1l3ntk1ll3r
Active Level 3
Wearables
Thanks! I really hope it gets all these features, am really looking forward to them.
0 Likes