Original topic:

GW Active2 not tracking resting heart rate.

(Topic created on: 06-13-2020 07:13 PM)
brownbatman
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
I've noticed that my Galaxy watch active 2 doesn't record the resting heart rate regularly. Even if I'm sitting still for a while there is no reading measured. My heart rate monitoring is set to continuous and it records those readings but not the resting heart rate. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix this? 

My gear fit 2 that I replaced provided a resting heart rate consistently everyday, but every since I've got the active2, many days there is so measurement.  

@moderater can you explain what exactly needs to be done to get a resting heart rate measurement? 
1 Comment
Kinsley
Options
Wearables
Hi @brownbatma,
If the step and heart rate tracking features are not working properly on your watch, the watch band or strap may be too loose or the software might need updating. However, a simple reboot may solve the problem.
- If the watch is too loose, or the sensor is dirty it may have difficulty tracking your steps and heart rate. Clean the watch and make sure it's properly fitted to get the best results.
- Press and hold the Power key a little over 7 seconds, until the watch displays "Rebooting..." When the watch has finished booting, test the step and heart rate tracking.
- If you are still having issues after rebooting your watch, check for software updates on your watch and the Galaxy Wearable app.
Press the Power key on the watch, and then navigate to and tap Samsung Health. Swipe to and tap Heart rate, and then swipe to the bottom of the screen. Tap HR and stress measurement or Auto HR settings.
- If heart rate measurements are taken at low temperatures, the results may be inaccurate. Keep yourself warm when measuring your heart rate.
- If the heart rate sensor is dirty, wipe the sensor with a soft, clean, dry cloth and try again.
Once you get to the heart rate settings screen. Measures continuously or Always: Measures your heart rate continuously.
Environmental factors that cause inaccuracy
The heart rate figures may not be accurate depending on measurement conditions and surroundings.