Original topic:

Galaxy 46mm watch r800 touchscreen broken

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 08:29 PM)
sadlerpac950
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

This past Saturday while sidestepping my 150# great dane my galaxy 46mm hit the doorknob handle and cracked the face of the 11 month old gift from father's day 2019. Contacted Samsung through the online chat and after 1 hour 56 minutes was given a claim number. Contacted the second individual to get shipping instructions and was asked for CC# for repairs. I was informed that "out of warranty " cost to replace the glass was $290.36 which is .56 cents less ($290.92) than I paid for it at Costco (90 return on electronics). Not sure how that is especially since the gorilla glass is touted as unbreakable to a high degree. I have no issues paying something but seriously, the same it costs to replace? The watch is essential to not only my daily personal life but as much in my professional life. I am a healthcare professional and especially now, use my watch and functions for patient care. I am looking for someone who can either steer me in the right direction to repair or someone to repair it for me ASAP. If there are the parts available then I will purchase and find someone local willing to repair it. I own several past and present Samsung products and was looking at the Galaxy Note phone coming out in a few months but the surprisingly poor customer service is making me think twice.

0 Likes
2 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
You can read this: https://www.ifixit.com/Search?doctype=guide&query=galaxy watch
I don't think we can help finding you someone who might be able to repair it, especially as we don't know where you live. I'd suggest contacting repair shops, they might be willing to do it.

Shame for your watch though. The Gorilla Glass DX+ used in it is meant to be super scratch resistant, like sapphires, along with allowing better contrast and legibility for the display. There's improved shatter resistance too but unfortunately it's far from the perfect glass
Kinsley
Options
Wearables

Hey @sadlerpac950,

We realize that you have been greatly inconvenienced by this situation. Unfortunately, the damage is considered as physical damage and doesn't cover under the Samsung manufacturer warranty. Please contact Live Chat support so that they can file the ticket and send a shipping label to get the watch screen replaced. You would be charged for the repair. Samsung is offering Door to Door service. Please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339).

0 Likes