Original topic:

Galaxy Buds - Case not putting into pairing mode

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 10:59 AM)
Scaliose
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Hi everyone, I bought a pair of new Galaxy Buds (first generation) to go with my Samsung Galaxy A51 phone. Since day one, whenever I open the case, the earbuds do not go into pairing mode. I have to take them out of the case and then manually connect them. My questions are:

1. What actually makes opening the case put them into pairing mode? Does it have a physical switch that is moved when the case is opened?

2. Is it possible there is something disconnected within the case? 

Since I have to manually connect them, I can't get the wearables app to properly recognize them - would like to have some of those extra features. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
6 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Wearables

Hey @Scaliose,

Please try unpair and then repair your Galaxy Buds and check if the issue is resolved and make sure that the Galaxy Wearable app is updated to the latest version.

If it didn't work, you can uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app, then reboot your mobile and install it and pair Galaxy buds with your phone and check.

I hope it helps you.

0 Likes
Scaliose
Active Level 1
Wearables

Thanks for the suggestion - I just tried the steps you listed and unfortunately, same issue. In the Samsung Wearable app when searching for the buds, it will not find the buds unless I remove them from the case. Opening the lid does nothing. Connecting this way won't let the samsung wearable app connect properly to them - so I don't get any software control over them.

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Wearables

@Scaliose,

Please try to reset your Galaxy Buds through the Galaxy Wearable app.

Follow the below steps:

Open the Galaxy Wearable app >> Tap on About earbuds >> Click on Reset earbuds and then tap Reset to confirm your decision.

After resetting your earbuds, you can connect them again with your device and check.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
nose
0 Likes
Scaliose
Active Level 1
Wearables

Kinsley, unfortunately since the Galaxy Wearable app does not recognize that the Galaxy Buds are connected (they are connected to the phone and work fine), I do not have the option to Reset them. I can be playing audio through spotify, and the Galaxy Buds in Samsung Wearable says disconnected. Pushing Connect only spins and then fails. The only options under About are:
1. Update earbuds software (says to connect buds if choose this)

2. Legal Information

3. Tips

4. Battery Information

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Wearables

@Scaliose,

Please perform reset network settings and then pair the buds with the Galaxy wearable app.
Go to settings >> General Management >> reset >> Reset Network settings.

Also, try to pair your Galaxy Buds to another device and check if it's having the same issue.

0 Likes