Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Pop-Up Window different name

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 12:27 PM)
Stelios
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Good evening,

I have Galaxy Buds and Galaxy S10E and I face the following problem for a second time now.

To begin with, my name is Stelios and as you can see in the following photo, when I turn on Bluetooth and open the galaxy buds case, in the pop-up window, a completely different name (Γεωργία - it is a Greek name) appears. The first time I tried everything, erasing the Bluetooth cache, data, unpair the device, uninstall the app and install it again but nothing. The name disappeared only when I reset the whole mobile. 

Notice that the name in Bluetooth settings is "Galaxy Buds (3930)" and I don't have any app or email or anything else with that name, connected in my mobile.

Now 2 months later I have the same problem and I don't want to reset my phone again.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot_20191103-221027_SmartThings.jpg

0 Likes
5 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I have a S10 and my screen that comes up is different than yours but think changing the name should be the same.
Go to settings, connections, Bluetooth, click on the gear icon to the right beside your Galaxy buds entry and you should get a screen something like my screenshot where you can change the name of what they are called. Mine are just the model of the buds but looks like you can call them what you want
0 Likes
Nan61
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the same problem on my galaxy s10+. No matter how many times I've changed the name on settings it still shows different name on pop-up window. Its been months and still can't help it. 

behradbn
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I think this is related to the NICK NAME you have chosen for your Samsung account. 

One way to change it: Open Smart Things app, tap the side menu, tap your profile picture, tap on my information and change your nickname. I hope it works!

Graeme1
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I had this problem and fixed by deleting samsung account off my phone then setting samsung account back up on phone

0 Likes
Samsung_U1zg9Wi
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Thank you so much! I tried so many times to change my name but never thought about changing my nickname, this fixed the issue for me !

0 Likes