Original topic:

Galaxy Buds gets massive update

(Topic created on: 04-17-2019 08:52 AM)
Cprice
Options
Wearables

Massive Galaxy Buds update rolling out, here are the details

Your new Galaxy Buds are in for a treat thanks to a new update Samsung is rolling out for its AKG-tuned wireless earbuds. Perhaps the most important part of the new update is the touchpad improvements for when you double or triple-tap the touchpad, along with an option to select whether you want to permanently or temporarily enable the Ambient sound feature (which lets you be aware of your surroundings while listening to music or other media on the earbuds) with a long press on the touchpad.

Read more HERE

10 Comments
homsar98
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Left earbud has been super finicky since I got them on launch. Permanent ambient sound will be good but I wish there was a way to tune the sensors a bit more.
0 Likes
homsar98
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
got the update and there is no option (that I can find) to permanently keep ambient sound on. also audio cuts out when switching between certain apps now. greaaaat.
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Wearables
would iconx benefit from it?
0 Likes
brownbatman
Active Level 7
Wearables
I just got an update for my IconX today!
0 Likes
Options
Wearables

Hey @Cprice,

Sweet, thanks for the PSA! The Ambient sound feature will be so much more useful now that it can be toggled on and off 😊 Can't wait to test it out with my own pair of Galaxy Buds!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Options
Wearables

Hey @Glutier,

Hmm, mine are working as expected after the update... have you tried unpairing/re-pairing your Buds or restarting your phone? If that doesn't work, you could clear cache & data for the Wearables app.

Let me know if any of these fixes work for you—if not, we can troubleshoot further 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Wearables

I also got an update on my Gear IconX this morning as well.

I have not seen the update on my Galaxy buds though...not yet.

0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Wearables
I just checked my gear iconX buds and I dont have an update for them? both through mobile and pc
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Got it and they are much louder and more clear.. I think anyways or maybe I just cleaned my ears good today! either way it works!!
0 Likes