Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds +

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 08:27 AM)
rorieux
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
When Ambient Sound is turned on and there is even the slightest amount of wind, I get a large amount of crackling sounds from the Buds. Is this normal?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi rorieux, This is a normal operation of Ambient sound feature which helps you hear your surroundings clearly while you are listening to music outdoors, so you can quickly detect any potentially dangerous situations and is not a defect. I suggest you adjust the Ambient sound level accordingly to avoid the cracking sound. By the way, Congratulation on your new device.

View solution in context

7 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi rorieux, In case of sound amplifying like ambient mode, feedback like crackling or howling may occur when your earbuds or eartips do not fit well in your ears. Please make sure your earbuds including eartips of Galaxy Buds+ fits properly with your ears and if not, replace with eartips that fit your ears. Also we recommend to adjust the level of the ambient sound to low when crackling occurs.

0 Likes
rorieux
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hey there. Thank you for your response. The fit of the Buds are perfect, extremely comfortable. Ambient Sound was set to Medium, then Low and then I just shut it off. Seems to me the outward mic is just amplifying the wind noise, which I totally get. Was just wondering if this is to be expected or is there a possible issue?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi rorieux, 

Thanks for getting back to us with the information. Is this happening lately?

Is there an issue of this kind while listening to music in a quiet place.

rorieux
Active Level 1
Wearables
So these are brand new and yes, happened this morning and yesterday morning during my walks. When I'm inside my house with Ambient Sound turned on, no issues at all. Only when I am outside and if there is even the slightest breeze
0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi rorieux, This is a normal operation of Ambient sound feature which helps you hear your surroundings clearly while you are listening to music outdoors, so you can quickly detect any potentially dangerous situations and is not a defect. I suggest you adjust the Ambient sound level accordingly to avoid the cracking sound. By the way, Congratulation on your new device.

rorieux
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank you
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi rorieux, If you find my comment helpful, please take the time and accept it as solution by clicking on 3 dots >> tap on "Accept as solution" and help others with the same query.