Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 42mm

(Topic created on: 09-15-2019 05:42 AM)
sweetv
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hey Samsung Expert!
I've asked for help in the past  regarding my Samsung watch 42mm, but nothing worked.
I'm unable to update my apps and it's been months now that the apps need to be updated. It appears that the apps don't update over wifi, but only using bluetooth and my data plan. And I've gone over my data trying to update 1 app. It ran the background all day. And right now 6 apps are pending updates but everytime I try to update 1 at a time they take forever and I mean I've left it for over an hour to come back to see the app still being transferred to the watch, using wifi.  How do I fix this? What do I do?  #Lifestyle #MembersMonday
0 Likes
4 Comments
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
You can't fix. Gotta wait for Samsung Canada to actually do their jobs. The issue has been fixed in other countries (back in June or July if I recall) yet Samsung Canada still hasn't updated the watch firmware to correct this issue.

I contacted them directly and threatened to demand a refund and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as this expensive device is not functioning as it should and as I paid for. They replied the fix is in the works. What this means for timeline who knows but hopefully sometime this month otherwise I will be making good on filing that complaint and I suggest everyone else do the same if it's not fixed soon.

Samsung Canada are slow and incompetent and its getting ridiculous! This issue has been present since back in May ffs and we're now mid-september so almost 4 months. This should have been fixed 2 months ago.
sweetv
Active Level 1
Wearables
ok... yes since May is correct. I got my watch in March 2019 for my birthday and it updated fine just before I left for vacation and even when I came back for a short while, but after that no app have been updated. especially Samsung Health. I love my watch. but I may have to do the same as you... its 6 months I've had it and no updates. I can't even install a new app.
0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Wearables
my question is why would they let it get to this point we're all the members on the community or talking about it and complaining about it it just looks bad on the company the product in general if I was Samsung head office I think I'd be knocking on the door
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Ya I wish main Samsung HQ would take notice and smack some sense into Samsung Canada because they're making Samsung look incompetent but it's only really Samsung Canada that's the problem. But hey, I'll follow through with the BBB complaint if it's not fixed soon because this is unacceptable!