Original topic:

Galaxy Watch some apps not updating

(Topic created on: 06-29-2019 11:30 AM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
Since May 28 the Samsung Health update won't install to my 46mm Galaxy Watch (LTE) and now the new Gear Music and Here WeGo apps are doing the same thing. They stay stuck on "transferring to watch" or "installing" and I've left it for 30 minutes and it actually has disconnected my watch but still thinks its installing.

Samsung, wtf is going on with the updates for this watch? I want a refund on my watch if this is the crap I can expect where I can't get app updates! This is a widespread issue by comments on the apps pages and across other forums of people complaining. I had also done a factory reset on my watch back at the beginning of June to test the Samsung Health update still with no luck. 

You guys are incompetent and over a month now with no fix (well for the Health app update from May 28) and now other apps (one a Samsung app and the other isn't) are having this issue means you guys effed something up on the watch itself.

FIX THIS!
21 Comments
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
I have this same issue with the same watch. I've sent like 4 errornreports aswell. they need this NS fixed asap
bashmore
Active Level 3
Wearables
Samsung this is an ridiculous issue from an app with the user friendliness of a cactus. The glitches with the watch, this app, the lack of ease in using EITHER should be an insult to your brand but at this point seems par for the course. Honestly poach someone from Fitbit so you have a clue as to how to even do it right because for the price of my watch, I'd never purchase your products again and happily by a Fitbit cell phone if they sold one.
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
They used to do it better because I had the Gear S3 Frontier from its launch and never saw this sort of problem so don't know why all of a sudden they're having so many issues.

At this rate they can be guaranteed I won't invest in a Note 10 (likely going to be even more absurdly overpriced than the S10) or the Galaxy Watch 2 when it launches.
Roughly 6 weeks now since the Samsung Health app update and still no fix. It's beyond ridiculous at this point!
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
they're probably too busy sending their elves to make the folding screen phone work since when it launches it will sell by the millions since it's a totally new product idea never released before.

but yeah this has been waaay too long that I havnt been able to update any of the apps.
0 Likes
mining
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
yup
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Well add in that the July 16 update for Samsung music still won't allow this app to update. Today I noticed Find My Car update and that won't work either so 4 apps now that won't update.

Also forgot to mention is once the app claims to have updated which causes the watch to disconnect that once reconnecting the watch it goes through the galaxy wearables app and says "finishing pairing" before being able to properly reconnect the watch to my phones Bluetooth. Seriously Samsung, wtf?!?
ACris
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
I have the same issue.
ibrahim
Active Level 1
Wearables
same issue
mining
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
same issue, they think my device is faulty.. I guess we all have defective watches...