Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds one side dont work anymore after update!

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 04:18 PM)
samsungUser12345
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I am having a problem with the galaxy wireless buds. The left side does not work anymore after the update.

After researching online I found out that this is the most common issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gear-and-Gear-Fit/Galaxy-Buds-only-one-side-works-at-a-time-afte...

This is so disappointing from a Samsung product.

Sorry folks but I loved the buds when they worked but having to find out that after an update from it's own manufacture can cause it brick ur buds is so disappointing.

I hope u learn from this Samsung and make reliable products in the future.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Wearables

Hi @samsungUser12345,

Sorry to hear that you're not having the best experience with your Galaxy Buds... I actually had the same issue with my own pair, and was able to fix the issue by leaving them in the case for a few hours. They work as expected now, so I hope it'll work for you as well!

This sounds like a bug that will likely be patched in the next update—in any case, I'll let the devs know. Thanks for bringing this to my attention 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Comments
Solution
Options
Wearables

Hi @samsungUser12345,

Sorry to hear that you're not having the best experience with your Galaxy Buds... I actually had the same issue with my own pair, and was able to fix the issue by leaving them in the case for a few hours. They work as expected now, so I hope it'll work for you as well!

This sounds like a bug that will likely be patched in the next update—in any case, I'll let the devs know. Thanks for bringing this to my attention 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Wearables
thanks sabrina. I had left the buds in the case for at least 4 days before trying them again but it didnt solve it for me.

is there a way to return the galaxy buds back to factory settings / original stock firmware. this way it would be easier to update the buds proper.

however, I appreciate you bringing this up to the dev teams
0 Likes
Options
Wearables

Hm, that's incredibly frustrating... I looked into it further and it may be an issue with mismatched software updates on the two buds.

If you like, you can privately message me your model number, software version, and serial number (along with a phone number we can contact you at) and I can escalate this to our service department 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Wearables
hi sabrina, how does one send a private message ?
0 Likes
Options
Wearables

If you log onto the web community (www.r1.community.samsung.com), there's a little mail icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click that, and then click "New Message" also in the top right corner.

In the "Send To" box, fill in "Community_Moderator" to send the message to me, and then you can enter your content! 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Wearables
done, thank you
Roadrunner
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
how ya'll doing
0 Likes
lynchwagons
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Exact same issue. Attempted a firmware update and it apparently did not go through properly so now only one of the buds works and there's still no fix listed anywhere online? This seems like something Samsung would want fixed within the day...
0 Likes
chuck365
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Same problem with my earbuds.
the left side volume is very low and is stuck.

I did the reset, return to there case and everything.

still didn't work.

please fix this as soon as possible.
I now have to use another set of earbuds because of this problem..
0 Likes