Original topic:

Galaxy smart watch lawsuit???

(Topic created on: 12-21-2019 12:18 PM)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
Anyone else getting fed up of having a broken samsung galaxy watch LTE version that samsung put out and then broke it with their firmware release? This issue has been fixed in America but samsung Canada cant be bothered to roll out a fix for this yet and has been broken for 7+ months now and all the information they give is it will be fixed in the next update. Well they were saying that for awhile now and they cant be bothered to at the very least give us an estimate on a time when it will be fixed. Its ridiculous samsung released a watch and is unable to update their own apps on their own software for the watch. 
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
When was it fixed in America? I can't see an update released after the OneUI upgrade that caused this issue.
Admittedly the build is not from the same month, which means they never got the problematic update in that case...
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Wearables
I'm in!
I regret buying this watch, Samsung could care less about fixing problems. App store is terrible, 10 million watch faces to choose from but no solid usable apps. Tizen was supposed to be so much better but can't be without support!
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
I'm beyond sick of this and think it's about time for a class action lawsuit. Samsung Canada needs to stop being lazy and start doing their jobs! It's been fixed in many other countries so why not here?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
The update listed by Sammobile is literally the only OneUI update released in North America. We got CSE1

And that's for non-LTE models too.

USA launched with BSE3, so the issue never occurred first.
You are on ASD6 (technically BSD6)
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Ok, I see.

It mentioned the same issue with Samsung health not updating (first app noticed for the first couple weeks after the May update that did this) so seemed to be the same issue.

They also mentioned this update fixes issues from the update a few weeks prior so that lines up with the oneui uodate that broke the LTE model here in Canada and the other links people had the same issue in the USA so seemed like they fixed it there and not here (lte model or not it was a similar, if not the same, issue that we are having with our lte model).

Anyway, point is still that Samsung Canada has sat idly by for 7+ months knowing of this issue and refusing to fix it. They are then still selling a broken and defective device to customers that does not work as sold/intended.

They need to be held accountable for this lack of support and blatant disregard for their customers who bought these expensive watches.
jsnook
Active Level 3
Wearables
I been chasing this problem for 7+ months.
"Still no fix for ALL THE APP INSTALL PROBLEMS. it's been an ongoing problem for 6+ months with nothing about empty promises from Samsung and useless call to
To them just to be told to " factory reset, uninstall app and re install, that's not working. Were aware of the problem and it is being worked on . A fix will be available in the next few weeks "
VERY UNHAPPY AND DISAPPOINTED WITH SAMSUNG. "
that's today's message to them. did you get any response from the live chat with the expert? I missed the dead line
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
I missed the deadline too. and those are the answers I get from the tech support too. and they know full well that doing those steps wont resolve the issue. i just want to be able to use my watch properly. I'd rather the watch work the way it was advertised, than to get the one UI 1.5 or 2.0 whatever it is. they just need to fix the **bleep** issue already. never been so disappointed with a companies ability to fix an issue that came with the watch. just let us exchange our broken model numbers for one of the model numbers that work at the very least.
0 Likes