Original topic:

Galaxy watch Active 2 LTE, no update

(Topic created on: 10-24-2020 06:24 AM)
Olicath
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
10 months ago I bought a Galaxy Active 2 LTE (SM-R825F), I haven't received any update, I'm still with Tizen 4.0.0.7 since day one! I'm not using LTE as it's not offered by my service provider. Is it required to activate LTE to receive updates? 
Is it possible to get an official answer from Samsung or a moderator as it is not the first post on the subject without any answer. If someone with the same model number has received an update please let us know. Thanks in advance to everyone for your help.
19 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
The last update for the LTE model was released in April, version ATC1.
You are not required to have an eSIM or use LTE to receive updates. However, the LTE models always take much longer to get updates, and have fewer updates too
0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
If we have fewer update do we get fewer features? Any idea when will be the next update for LTE model? Thanks for your response
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Temporarily, yes, you have less features. But once the updates "catch up", you'll be at the same level of functionality as the BT models.
The next update might be released next month. It's already on the servers
0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
Thank you very much for your response, I hope it won't be to far next month
0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
It is funny 🥴 to see how Samsung thinks, I'm not saying the LTE user's should have the updates before the other (BT) but as the LTE is a more expensive model I personally think that we should at least get the updates at the same time not 2 months after the BT model. Excuse me if there is mistakes English is not my first language. Thanks for your response.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Sadly, the LTE models add some additional steps to the updates process, namely carrier testing and approval.
0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
interesting and logical, thanks again
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Olicath, Could you please let us know the place of purchase of your Galaxy watch.

0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
I bought it new (sealed) from someone who won it from Telus. It was a contest for new customers
0 Likes