Original topic:

Galaxy watch LTE requirements

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 11:23 AM)
jediking
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi all!

I just found a deal on a refurbished galaxy watch LTE for $200. I've been wanting to replace my gear s3 frontier which is starting to show it's age. I'm a little in the dark regarding LTE models so I was hoping to ask some questions to the community:  

1. Do I need to connect the LTE model to my phone plan if I just want to use it over bluetooth? Or will it not function at all without an LTE connection?
2. I understand the galaxy watch was released 2018, Is it still a worthwhile purchase that I can expect to last as long as my gear s3 frontier has?

Thanks for any help!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
you can still use it without lte great watch

View solution in context

11 Comments
jediking
Active Level 3
Wearables
it doesn't, that's why I'm worried about not being able to use the watch
Wearables
you can still use it using bluetooth and wifi mode...
Solution
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
you can still use it without lte great watch
jediking
Active Level 3
Wearables
that's what I figured. thanks
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi jediking, You can connect the Galaxy Watch with the mobile device via Bluetooth. When a Bluetooth connection is not available, you can remotely connect the Galaxy Watch to your mobile device by using your Samsung account via the Wi-Fi network. This allows you to continue receiving notifications from your mobile device.

jediking
Active Level 3
Wearables
I guessed that was how it worked, but I was just wanting to confirm. thanks!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi jediking, If any of our comments helped you, please take the time to accept it as solution by clicking on three dots and tap on Accept as Solution and help others with the same query.

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
A refurbished device will not last as long sadly. It was probably used for a year or two, or might even be a refurbished LDU. I'd avoid it
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
just saw on the Best buy website they have the Bluetooth version open box for $190