Original topic:

Galaxy watch alarm not making sound when notification volume is zero.

(Topic created on: 10-19-2018 08:49 AM)
uwengdori
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hello. just reposting as I seemed to mention that its for galaxy watch.

So at work I have my notifications only vibrate by having Notification volume as zero, but it seems Notification is tied to alarm volume as well because I hope to wake up in the morning with both sound and vibration but only vibration happens. Alarm does sound if I increase notification volume but so does my general notifications from messages. Any help appreciated. i also almost missed my morning wakeup because alarm didnt sound while on Goodnight mode.
0 Likes
3 Comments
Wearables
Hi uwengdori,

I have the galaxy watch and I have sound and vibrate. I think alarm sound is not tied to notification sound because my notification is vibrate and alarm still sound. Please check the following under your Galaxy Watch.

On your Galaxy Watch, go to Alarm. Add an alarm for temperory, then Save an alarm. Now, click on the alarm you just set, swipe left until you see Sound under Option. If sound is set to None, please change it to something. This should resolve your no sound issue for your alarm while notification is set to vibrate.c8085a37-b7eb-464b-9903-c0234197ef16.jpg
5f671b1b-460b-47c5-814a-52be6305db82.jpg
0 Likes
George70
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

On my galaxy watch it is definitely linked to the notification setting. If I turn notification volume up then the alarm rings but if I turn notification volume down to zero then the alarm doesn't ring, it only vibrates. 

I changed the settings that you mention but this doesn't resolve the issue. The alarm still only rings when notification volume is turned up. 

0 Likes
Usambara
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Will post here as my search lead me here

I had same issues, no alarm noise on watch when on Vibrate, mute or even Sound mode, This was after a reset and it was working fine prior.

Under Watch Settings -> Sounds and Vibrations
Sound Mode: Sound
However going into Volume, notifications was set to Mute (for some reason first time I had been in this screen)
I increase Notification volumn back up

Now I can again set my phone Sound mode to Vibrate, and the alarm now still makes an noise. 

(ie don't reduce notification volume manually and yes it directly tied to that volumn setting) It is grey out mute when in the quiet modes so you do need to enable sounds to adjust the volumn level.

Least that resolved my issue.

0 Likes