Original topic:

Galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 11-13-2019 08:15 AM)
RossB
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
Still waiting for the galaxy watch update any word when it will be? Or does anyone know whats going on?
12 Comments
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Samsung claims in my BBB complaint its being worked on with carriers (r805w lte model anyway) and should be ready before the end of the year.

I still don't know why the F it takes so long though... carriers or not it should NOT be taking 6+ months when it's been fixed months ago in other countries!

Samsung Canada are just lazy, incompetent and don't care about us because they already have our money. I won't be upgrading to Samsung after my Galaxy Watch and Note10 that's for **bleep** sure!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I can confirm that they are indeed actively working on a major update, possibly with OneUI 1.2 or 2.0 and maybe even Tizen 5. Work on that update has begun in September
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
@CHMultimedia, I hope it's a big update, this wait for this fix has been Dar too long so it better be the next big update to at least partly make up for this. It's irritating my watfch hasn't functioned properly in almost 6 months and it was only the first 2-3 weeks I owned it that it worked. It's brutal!

Also, starting in September means they clearly didn't care to actually believe us for months before that it was a firmware issue. I kept getting repeatedly told to do factory resets and/or take it to a service centre for warranty repair/replacement which neither are or were the issue. Samsung Canada refuses to take responsibility for anything and always assume its user or hardware problems and not software that they need to fix.
RossB
Active Level 7
Wearables
i dont think its Samsung Canada because you would think Samsung would be pissed at the problems that people are complaining about.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Well it's not Samsung HQ and it's fixed in other countries which really only leaves it as being Samsung Canada.
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Do you have lte model or non-lte? Think the issue is only for the lte models where some apps haven't been able to update for 6 months now (since the latest firmware update back in May).
0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Wearables
watch works it just has some apps that won't update health and a couple of others. it would be nice to get the latest software updates
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
Yeah, I have the Bluetooth one.. I always leave wifi on and it's handy even if I forget my phone I can text with it outside of my home since Shaw is everywhere we're I live. I personally think anything with lte and a small battery is just asking for a day at most, which is why I wouldn't never buy something like a wacth with lte. I do feel bad for people that did get one and were expecting better.
0 Likes
jsnook
Active Level 3
Wearables
I have the same issue, and yes , it's the LTE. numerous call and talks with Samsung coustomer service with now help. just told the same stuff, reset watch, factory reset, must be a warranty job, faulty watch. ........
just fix the problem already