Original topic:

Gear IconX 2018 Charging Case

(Topic created on: 05-29-2019 08:50 AM)
SnowCat19
Options
Wearables

Hey everyone,

so I was on my bike this weekend, and I was listening to my music with my Gear IconX with my charging case in my pocket.

After sometime, I realized the charging case fell out of my pocket, and I have no idea where it fell out. Probably destroyed by a car running it over. I am just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a replacement case for the Gear IconX 2018

I checked Amazon and Ebay and all I was able to find was the charging case for the 1st gen...(which to be honest I am not sure if it will work or not) 

I believe the 1st gen charging case is a Micro USB, 2nd gen is a USB C and 3rd gen are the Galaxy Buds which are smaller so I know they wont fit in the 3rd gen case for sure.

If anyone has the 1st gen and 2nd gen, are you able to confirm if you can charge the 2nd gen gear iconX in a 1st gen case?

Ideally I would like to purchase a replacement charging case for the 2nd gen...but I am afraid Samsung does not sell replacement parts which is silly. I have a perfectly good pair of Gear IconX that I cannot use when the battery dies :(

thanks everyone!

0 Likes
11 Comments
QP
Active Level 5
Wearables
Let me ask my buddy, I think he lost one of his bud, are you in TO area?
0 Likes
Wearables

no, but I am always in Toronto 😛

0 Likes
QP
Active Level 5
Wearables
Hey snowcat my buddy said $90 he included the extra bud. He only used like 3 times before he lost the other bud.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
look on Ebay they're plenty cases for sale
0 Likes
Wearables
I did and as I mentioned in my post there are only the 1st gen charging cases available. I am unsure if the 2nd gen buds will fit in the 1st gen case. it's all in my post but appreciate your response.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
no I checked icon x 2018 they're available
0 Likes
Wearables
are you able to share a link?
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
it's not letting me but once you type it in you'll find them
0 Likes
Wearables

@QP

$90 for just the charging case?

hmm ok I will have to think about that becuause I have seen on amazon, kijiji, and even ebay the charging case with BOTH buds for about $100.

I didnt expect to pay more than $50 for just the charging case.

0 Likes