Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Gear S showing weird text after reset

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 12:20 PM)
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
I just factory reset gear s (Sm-R705W)today. Showing some weird text on the watch. Can someone tell me what us going on and how to fix it. Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

11 Comments
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
I reset it by recovery mode, after the reset completed I get this screen
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Try the second option.

It seems the text is replaced with their variables.

Because as you may know, the text you see in electronics is first and foremost variables. This allows devs to create interfaces that can be translated with ease with a single code, instead of having a firmware for each language. So when Locale is set to EN_CA, the %IDS_ST_OPT_WIFI% variable is replaced with "Toggle WiFi", and when in FR_CA it becomes "Act/Dés Wi-Fi" and so on for each supported language

This seems to be a bug. Try to reboot. Maybe the formatting messed something up and you may have to flash the firmware again with NetOdin

0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
I get this screen when I select the second option as you suggested. I might have to reflash the firmware with Odin.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
something to do emergency calls and sim not inserted, not getting a setup screen.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Try to tap the %IDS_ST_SK_OK%. It appears this message only says the watch can't find a SIM card. 

If it doesn't work, insert your phone's SIM and try again

0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
I will try again with an inactive sim card and give you an update.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
No luck I might have to reflash with Odin
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
I will, I'm currently at work right now, won't have access to the watch until I get back home. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes