Original topic:

Gear VR added to Samsung's obsolete list...

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 05:32 PM)
slurp
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Among many other neglected Samsung devices the Gear VR is going to sit in a box with all my other obsolete Samsung devices. I think this really has solidified why I've stopped giving this company anymore money. Device updates are neglected after a year or two at the most. then they wonder why sales of their new devices are in a slump. Customers are sick of it.. sales were in a slump before covid as well...
5 Comments
Wearables
i have to admit i always wanted to try the gear vr since the note 4 days fast forward today i finally got one at a good price along with my at the time s8+... i was expecting more from it but its was still a good device sad to see Samsung no longer supporting it
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
VR bombed like 3D. Some tech just never takes off, that's what happens when the industry overhypes things and then they fail to meet those unrealistic expectations. They tried the Gear VR platform since the Note4 in 2014. Trying hard for five years sounds more than reasonable to me though
Jeremie
Options
Wearables

@slurp,

We understand your requirements and Samsung has stopped manufacturing gear VR.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Wearables
What da boobies does this mean 🤷
"we understand your requirements" 🙃
slurp
Active Level 4
Wearables
so what happens to all the software I bought on the gear VR I'm supposed to hold on to this cell phone forever just so I don't feel like I've wasted my money again...? I bought the Oculus Quest and I can't even transfer them over to that. even though they were made from the same company. what a monopoly...
0 Likes