Original topic:

Months of Tears & Frustration

(Topic created on: 08-25-2019 04:39 PM)
bashmore
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
I purchased the $400+ 42mm LTE Galaxy Watch in May to help me with accountability in weight loss. 
It has been a disaster. Because of my government plan, I can't actually connect it to my phone plan. 
For the last 3 months I've been unable to update the SAMSUNG software on the phone. I've called the help line, and now I'm told the serial number of my phone isn't recognized in Canada even though I bought it directly FROM Samsung. 
My only solution is to drive 300km to the nearest Samsung Experience store for assistance. My phone AND this watch are connected to WiFi, so why can't Samsung fix the software issue remotely? 
I have NEVER felt so ripped off by a product and it's reprehensible excuse for customer service. For the amount of money I spent on this stupid watch that doesn't work, to be told to drive 300km to the only service place located in Edmonton is unbelievable. 
I had hoped today when we were in Calgary visiting family there may be a store here. Nope. 300km to Edmonton. OR mail in my watch for who knows how long and not even get a temp replacement. 
My husband is just listening to me cry as I type this.
Hey Samsung, $400 and one customer may not be much to YOU but that was a huge amount of money for me and I'm just exhausted dealing with your **bleep**. I can see no reason why this isn't something you can solve over the phone and I cannot believe your poor product and service at this point. 
#worstcustomerservice #screwedbysamsung #samsunggalaxy42mm #customerservicefail #pleasejustfixitalready #300kmforhelpisnotcustomerservice
11 Comments
Wearables
Hmmm...
But you already state that - "Because of my government plan, I can't actually connect it to my phone plan."

This is not Samsung issue!? Right? My data plan has no issue on both devices. 🤔
bashmore
Active Level 3
Wearables
oh totally that is NOT their fault.
0 Likes
Wearables
i bought an open box galaxy watch, and it connects smoothly,, Samsung app you're talking about to connect to the phone, is it the WEAR app??

me too i bought this to lose weight but i think i'm gaining coz i love to eat while im wearing my watch..
0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Wearables
I had problems with mine after 16 days it was overheating had to send it away twice for repair and yes it was frustrating. So I feel for you but after second repair it seems to be working fine now.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
What's your phone's model number?
0 Likes
bashmore
Active Level 3
Wearables
SM-G960W. The Galaxy 9.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Wearables
unfortunately sounds like you didn't research ahead of time... Samsung isnt at fault due to your plan type ... your watch can still be paired to your device with Bluetooth... so there's at least that. you just need to learn how to use your devices
0 Likes
bashmore
Active Level 3
Wearables
Fair but I have the device paired and independently connecting to WiFi. I'm rather computer savvy & it doesn't require its own phone connection to be able to install software updates as Spotify etc work just fine.
0 Likes
bashmore
Active Level 3
Wearables
Update: The serial number of the phone I was sent from Samsung.ca is not associated with a Canadian watch? It also doesn't seem to match the box Serial #. I think something fishy has happened. Again, I ordered directly from Samsung.ca
0 Likes