Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Problems with Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 03-21-2019 10:43 AM)
VSN
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Has anyone had any problems with Galaxy Watch connecting to WiFi when in standalone mode? Mine doesn't seem to do that even tho I have all my settings set for wifi passwords to transfer. 

Any help would be appreciated 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wearables
@VSN FYI: I did googling about your issue. I read some forum said switching from BT to WiFi auto can take up to 2 minutes. Sounds ridiculous to me. But eventually will connect. Not sure what causing the issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Comments
Wearables
just to confirm when you are away from your phone and go into settings -> connections -> wifi does it show any available hot spots?
0 Likes
VSN
Active Level 4
Wearables
on my phone yes!
0 Likes
Wearables
right but what does it show on your watch?
0 Likes
VSN
Active Level 4
Wearables
when I checked that, it didn't say anything
0 Likes
Wearables
were you able to connect to any networks via wifi from your watch? make sure wifi is enabled. able to provide a screen shot of what you see when your in the connection settings of your watch?
0 Likes
VSN
Active Level 4
Wearables
Yeh, I'll take a screenshot of the watch when I get home and there's wifi available.
0 Likes
VSN
Active Level 4
Wearables
ok, so when I turn on wifi manually it connects to wifi and bluetooth, but I want so that when I leave my phone upstairs that it connects to wifi automatically, which I don't see it doing at all
0 Likes
Wearables
Is it because you have bluetooth enabled? If your watch connected to your phone by bluetooth, your WiFi will not connect thou.
0 Likes
VSN
Active Level 4
Wearables
wait what? so if bluetooth is on and not connected to my phone then it won't connect to my wifi? that seems lame, I would hope when the bluetooth connection is lost the wifi would automatically connect
0 Likes