Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S Voice demise

(Topic created on: 03-21-2020 06:33 AM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Wearables
If Samsung is killing S Voice in June as per announcement, they should at least replace it with Bixby on my Gear S3 and similar devices. 

For now, I got Google Assistant to work on my Gear S3, but would be nice to replace S Voice with Bixby and not just kill it on the watch. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hey @ Zaptor,

We would like to inform you that effective June 1, 2020, S Voice Service will no longer be available on all Samsung mobile product models (including mobile phones, tablets and wearables) that have the S Voice icon on the application screen.

However, The Bixby upgrade will be provided to Gear S3, Gear Sport when S Voice ends.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Wearables
yup I agree... they should have a replacement for it on devices like you mentioned
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Wearables
if I remember correctly samsung is ending Bixby support for older devices as well. what I think that means is the "work around" way of installing bixby via a downloaded app will no longer be supported on older devices. so I think the natively install Bixby devices (S8 and newer) will be supported.
0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hey @ Zaptor,

We would like to inform you that effective June 1, 2020, S Voice Service will no longer be available on all Samsung mobile product models (including mobile phones, tablets and wearables) that have the S Voice icon on the application screen.

However, The Bixby upgrade will be provided to Gear S3, Gear Sport when S Voice ends.

0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Wearables
That's great to hear. Thank you.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Yep FTC3 is coming soon
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Wearables
How did you get Google Assistant working on the Gear S3? I'd love to be able to do that as well.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Wearables
Thanks for that link!