Original topic:

Samsung Active Watch

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 09:16 AM)
Appleisbest
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Ok I have something I have to get off my chest. Samsung **bleep** and is **bleep** me off. I just bough a Samsung watch active which is running tizen os 4. The active 2 that came out 6 months after the original active watch came out is running tizen os 5.5. Samsung promises 2 years of support to all wearable devices. The samsung active has not recived 1 update yet. Somwone from samsung better respond quick! My serial number is SM-R500. Please tell me when the active watch is getting tizen os 5.5
10 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Odog, Please note that Samsung guarantees Android OS upgrade three times for Flagship models (S series, Note series, Z series) launched after Galaxy S10 series(Android OS 9, P OS). In the case of Galaxy S10 series, it will be upgraded up to Android OS 12.

0 Likes
Appleisbest
Active Level 3
Wearables
bro this is a watch not a phone
0 Likes
Appleisbest
Active Level 3
Wearables
i want to know when the watch will get tizen 5.5
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Odog, 

As of now, the information regarding the update is not available and we would be notified when it would be available.

0 Likes
Anmlscl
Active Level 1
Wearables

Samsung has done a very poor job giving information about this issue.

I bought a galaxy watch 2 lte and NEVER got any update, plus the removal of key functions in Canada (ecg,bp and stress monitoring).

I have being a samsung user for many years, but this is the last time I buy a samsung product.

maranr
Active Level 2
Wearables
Totally agree. I am furious. Just recently lost Weight management which I used every day. I bought this on the premise that they would add features not take them away.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Anmlscl, Samsung is working closely with many regulators in countries and looking forward to expanding the services to more markets. We will share updates in the future.

0 Likes
maranr
Active Level 2
Wearables
Totally agree. We have lost features every update for this watch. Weight management is gone, exercise on Samsung health is worse than ever and we are missing a ton on features with no word if we will ever get them. Looking hard at Garmin for my next watch.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi maranr, I understand your concern. We are taking as feedback and your feedback is very important to us.

0 Likes