Original topic:

Samsung Gear IconX

(Topic created on: 11-10-2018 06:06 PM)
RyanR
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Does anyone have the IconX?

If so, could you explain if you had any problems with them?
0 Likes
6 Comments
Wearables
I'm pretty sure that some people have posted their experiences with the IconX here - You might want to just search - There's also plenty of reviews for the IconX on Amazon Canada.... You're probably not going to be enthusiastic about them 🐧
0 Likes
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Wearables
Have them and use them daily. If you have moist ear wax, they are going to clog and lose volume in at least one ear. I took out the screen and membrane at the bottom of each and they have been great for months with no volume issues.
0 Likes
Binky
Active Level 2
Wearables
I need to try that as my right ear is very low volume now but that is since last update. The question I have is how do you remove the screens. I can't see the things well enough to figure out how the thing comes apart. Does it screw off or do you pry the end off.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I should start by saying I haven't used my Icon Xs for quite some time as they don't stay in my ear as well. Now this is an issue for me but I haven't really heard of it as an issue from others. I thought I tried the different tips but I could be wrong, I keep forgetting to look for the box to find different the tips. I really only use ear buds when I go to the gym, other than that I prefer my headphones.

The sound quality was really good for wireless ear buds but they did have some noise passthrough (I could hear external sounds at the gym which I didn't like but could be due to them not being in my ear properly). But they're better than the standard headphones that come with current Samsung Devices which says a lot because the ones out of the box are impressive.

Battery Life is amazing on them, they come with a carrying case that doubles as an on-the-go charger so whenever you're done, you pop them in the case and they'll charge back up from the battery within the case.

Currently for my wireless earbuds I'm using the Samsung Level U Pros because like I said, I only use ear buds for the gym and these are tethered behind the neck so I prefer them for security and I tend to use my shoulder to knock out my headphone if someone is talking to me while I'm holding something so I can't do that with my Icon Xs lol

But honestly they're really good if you find the right fit. So really my only issue here is the fit but that's possibly just me. (Never liked those in ear buds, always preferred regular earbuds)
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Wearables
Thanks @Jonathan34 for your helpful response!
-Jenna
MoeJones
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
I'm having an issue with mine where they won't charge harmoniously together, only individually. The problem specifically seems to be the left as its battery will deplete incredibly faster then the right. Also the absence of actual buttons just makes them difficult to operate especially if your wearing gloves. The only time I can see these being of any use would be in the gym.
0 Likes