Original topic:

Samsung galaxy watch stops charging at 88%

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 06:15 PM)
Virat
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I bought the Samsung galaxy watch 46 mm just 1 month ago, and I have a strange issue. Whenever I charge my watch it stops charging at 88% or sometimes 87%.

I am only using genuine charger and cord and I only prefer a single outlet to charge a single device.

I tried rebooting , formatting , soft reboot (hold down the power key) and changing the charger and cord but can't get help with it.

I tried to contact the Samsung help centre , but they say there could be internal damage or liquid damage. But I don't think so it has anything to do with the charging and even to stop at the specific percentage.

Can anyone help me out, I would really appreciate that.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Wearables
Only thing I can think of is it's a bad battery.
Virat
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanx for replying.
It is my personal opinion that the battery is good , coz I am getting like 4 days of battery life on a normal usage and sometimes even 5 days in a single charge.

do you think there could be an O.S issue ?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Wearables
Hey @Virat,

I'm thinking that your battery level might not be displaying accurately—have you tried calibrating it? To do so:

1. Let your phone discharge all the way to 0%.
2. While off, charge it all the way to full.
3. Turn your phone on and charge whatever is left.
4. Let your phone discharge all the way to 0% once more.

After this cycle, the idea is that you will have a more accurate battery reading. If this doesn't solve the issue, we can try to troubleshoot further.

Hope this helps!
Sabrina
Virat
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanx Sabrina for your reply.

As far as I know the problem is with my watch. So if calibrating the phone has something to do with that , then that puts me on thinking.

I tried calibrating the watch though.....but nothing seems working.

Is there any other ways I can fix my battery in my Galaxy Watch ? Or there could be an O.S issue ?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
0 Likes