Original topic:

Samsung pay for S2 how to add app

(Topic created on: 05-27-2020 01:54 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
I am trying to figure out how to setup Samsung pay on my gear S2. When I enable NFC and go to setup pay option it says there is no app installed for payments. But I cannot figure out how to install Samsung pay to the watch, I'm new to wearables. Any help is appreciated and if I can be pointed to another help forum that goes over this that would be great also! Thanks 
4 Comments
Rebekka
Options
Wearables

Hi @ExodusCheese,

Unfortunately, Samsung pay is not supported by Gear S2. Please find the supported devices in the below link:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/apps/samsung-pay/

0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Wearables
oh wow okay. wonder why they give NFC as an option on the device but can't use it? seems pointless to me lol
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
NFC isn't used just for payment. you should do some research there some cool stuff you can do with.
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Wearables
quoted from Google

Samsung has been promising that its Gear S2 would support Samsung Pay ever since it announced the smartwatch (and its variations) in 2015. ... So if you own a Gear S2 — Bluetooth-only, not the 3G version — you can now try using Samsung Pay yourself.Jul 18, 2016

so did they take it away or something? lol what other things can be done using NFC option with the watch?

@vape
0 Likes