Original topic:

gear s3 battery drain problem

(Topic created on: 07-29-2019 05:15 PM)
Jerry96
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
For some reason, my gear s3 battery life drop from two days to 12 hours. I tries tried to reset it and no luck. Any help 
0 Likes
7 Comments
xASHx
Active Level 5
Wearables
I have the exact same problem and I couldn't figure it out. Nothing changed and not even a single setting on the watch has been changed. But all of a sudden it started to leave me alone in the middle of the day due to high battery consumption.
Wearables
Wondering if the battery needs to be replaced? Depends on how old it is - S3 was released at the end of 2016.... 🐧

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gear-and-Gear-Fit/Samsung-Gear-S3-Battery-Issues/td-p/345705
0 Likes
Jerry96
Active Level 2
Wearables
I know, i was thinking about it too. But just dont want to, it will break the water proof.
0 Likes
Wearables
It shouldn't break the ip rating for moisture & dust if the battery is replaced by a Samsung Service Center - You can always inquire about it prior to having the battery changed - But the watch won't be much good if the battery is dead anyway 😉🐧
0 Likes
Jerry96
Active Level 2
Wearables
That Sounds like a good idea. I afraid it will cost a lot. Since i own the watch since it release.
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I bought the gear S3 Frontier 3 months ago and I have the same problem since the last up to date. I think that it's a Samsung problem. It's call: Obsolescence programmée. Many people have the same problem when you read on the net. Hope they Will find a solution . . . and fast
0 Likes
Patbelanger
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Buyed mine in summer 2018...  Searching on the net, there is people everywhere complaining about this...  planned obsolescence?

Really pissed off to having to pay for a device not even 2 year old

0 Likes