Original topic:

rash/burn from Galaxy watch active

(Topic created on: 07-25-2019 04:28 PM)
comeannoyme
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hi all,

I recently purchased a galaxy watch active, I've had it for just over 2 weeks now and have been noticing a patch of red skin developing under the watch. I'm not talking about the band, but behind the actual watch backplate. The rash has a slight burning sensation and is warm to the tuch. I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be other than possibly a contaminate with in the glass backing. I take the watch off to shower, usually don't wear it when sleeping, and as a rule don't wear it too tight. On top of that I have no allergies or sensitivities to anything, including metal. What's up with this, since it's been just over 2 weeks I can't return the watch, am I just stuck with it? I do like the product and it would be a shame to have to stop using it.

I've attached a photo in which you can clearly see the red circlular rash where the watch makes contact with my wrist. IMG_20190724_173708.jpg

8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Hmm not the first time something like this happened. The Gear Fit2 did have such issue. Turns out that it was due to water being under the watch and on the wrist.

I guess the HR monitor causes heat and the water boils. Don't need much energy to make so little water boil.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Wearables
ya it's best if you switch arms in the day and at night. i think this happens because of sweat maybe. i had a similar issue with my gear fit 2, but now i switch arms in the day and at night and no issue.
0 Likes
xASHx
Active Level 5
Wearables
I had the same problem with my Frontier when I wore it whole day. What I did, was washing the bands with liquid soap and then the rash came to an end.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Wearables
giving the watch a good wash with a mild detergent should help. there could be some bacteria that is clinging to the back of the watch which is irritating your skin. leaving it off for a few days will allow the skin to heal. don't wear it while you have the rash... could take a week to go away
Kush008
Active Level 3
Wearables
heating issues causes this
0 Likes
Wearables
don't worry fam it's not just galaxy watch, my vivoactive 3 does it to me
0 Likes
Wearables
The Galaxy Watch do the same thing
RussYuen
Active Level 1
Wearables
So is there a fix to this burning problem (excuse the accidental pun)
0 Likes