Original topic:

skin burning nd rash from watch

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 07:36 AM)
chrthn13
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I ma developing rashes from wearing gear watch.  It has become persistent that I have to not wear the watch for long time for it to heal.

#gearwatch
10 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi chrthn13, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environmental factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.

0 Likes
chrthn13
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yeah. I do that now. and i don't have a known allergy, this only happens when I use the samsung gear watch with the original strap (that came in the box). i have to stop wearing the watch for atleast 2 weeks for it to heal. then the moment I wear it again - baam, rashes all over.
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi chrthn13, Please wait until it is healed completely. After that, make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Watch. If you wear a wet watch for a long time, your skin may get affected. 

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Wearables
Change the strap.
0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Wearables
sound a
like skin irritation from the OEM plastic watch strap. replace it with a rubber or leather one.
0 Likes
aarondesj
Active Level 4
Wearables
I used to get that sometimes. If I was doing work where there was dust that got caught under the sensor, it would cause an irritation from the friction and warmth. I wash my watch everyday and take it off when doing work.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
yeah silicone does that to some pretty like myself I had to get a leather one:). Amazon is your friend. Ebay also
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Thanks everyone for providing your valuable suggestions.

Hi chrthn13, You could also try changing the strap as suggested by our Samsung members.

0 Likes
chrthn13
Active Level 1
Wearables
i did change the strap 2 times now but all from samsung but all silicon types. it didn't help at all. i make sure to not wet it or if it does - i wipe it frequently. probably im allergic to samsung's strap which is weird
0 Likes