Original topic:

watch active 2 buying advice needed

(Topic created on: 01-25-2020 12:48 PM)
S10Plususer
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Hi i am thinking to buy Galaxy watch active2 so share your review of the watch is it worth it?
0 Likes
3 Comments
seobro
Active Level 6
Wearables
Hi. I had the Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm for just under 2 weeks. I'll give you my short-term review.

I have a tiny wrist - embarrassingly small and yet I opted for the 44mm variant for the larger watch face and extra battery. Totally worth it. Aside from having to buy a strap that fits, the 44mm version is the way to go and I'd really only recommend the 40mm if you prefer the smaller size/hate larger watches. Other than that, choose the 44mm.

Battery life- I kept GPS off and really used the watch as a notification watch/phone calls/step counter, so the watch was lasting me 2-3 days, easily. Every so often when I went to the gym I noticed the battery dropped quickly, especially when tracking my workout. But in casual use, the thing hardly drops battery and you'll be able to get a lot out of it.

Fitness- I'm not a particularly fitness oriented person. I go to the gym once every blue moon and my daily "fitness" involves me walking up the stairs from the second floor of my house to use the bathroom. Nevertheless, I really liked the step counter and its ability to tell me how many steps I walked in one day, which was actually quite motivating after hitting 6000 steps, and it's the biggest feature I miss having. The heartrate sensor was very hit or miss; in ideal, quiet conditions it was very accurate and only 2-3bpm off from other sensors. In poor conditions however, it would be greatly incorrect or often refuse to measure my heartrate, constantly telling me to "wipe the sensor."

Looks: This thing look good, dawg. Some people prefer the rugged, mechanical look of the Galaxy Watch (regular) and its rotating bezel, but I am a huge fan of the minimal aesthetic on the Watch Active 2. Unfortunately, its design poses some problems, the main one being that I had to buy a screen protector in fear of that I would scratch the thing.

Notifications: This was also one of the best things of having the watch. Being able to check when a message comes in and reply instantaneously was an incredible convenience, and the speaker on the watch allowed me to make calls which was also a feature I never knew I wanted but loved it.

Overall: 4/5 watch. I loved the time I had with it; it's a nice looking, clean watch and its notification features and battery were excellent. Unfortunately, the fitness features had a bit to be desired.

I should also mention, the reason why I write "had it for just under 2 weeks" was because I returned it. I love the features but a smartwatch just isn't right for me and I couldn't justify spending that much money on something that I didn't feel like I was taking full advantage of.

Feel free to ask me any questions!
S10Plususer
Active Level 4
Wearables
thx a lot man!
Bell06m
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

man can you pls suggest if you are able to take whatsapp call from the active 2 or not, recently i purchased the device and i am unable to take calls from whatsapp on the gear.

0 Likes