Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Charger

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 04:00 AM)
FloppaJJS
Active Level 6
Options
Support
Is it normal to my Samsung charger heating up a little while charging my phone?
0 Likes
9 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Yes. It's normal.
0 Likes
FloppaJJS
Active Level 6
Support
Even i changed the cable into a micro USB to charge different devices? I used my charger brick to different phone cable because it's not a type-c and it normally heats?
0 Likes
FloppaJJS
Active Level 6
Support
If it heats very high it's not normal right?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Yes.
0 Likes
FloppaJJS
Active Level 6
Support
Sometimes I do this to charge my emergency devices 20221003_191024_1000000728_1664795430.jpg
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
It won't get hot. Only your phone will get a bit hot because of the fast charging.
0 Likes
Support
Thank you for reaching. FloppaJJS. Don't worry its normal. Its possible to heat up your battery when your device has running applications before charging your device. It is better to turn off your device while charging and it will be faster to reached 100% battery full. I hope this may clarify a bit. Care to hit Accept Solutions.
0 Likes
Support
Your charger is doing some work by converting AC to DC so it normally heats. Even your phone will heat up too and it's normal (as long as it doesn't smoke).
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hello FloppaJJS,

We appreciate you telling us that your Samsung charger was slightly heating up while charging your Samsung Galaxy phone.

Both the device and the charger can rise in temperature while charging. This is completely normal and will not affect the device’s lifespan or performancebut if the temperature reaches beyond/below a certain level, the device’s safeguard may shut off charging for its protection.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/charging-tip/ 

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/identify-the-correct-charger-for-your-galaxy-phone... 

Additionally, please make certain of the following:

1) Your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen notifications.

2) Only use a genuine Samsung Charger, cable and adapter.

3) Avoid using Extension cord while charging.

4) Try charging in a cooler environment.

Hope this content is helpful and we satisfy your query.

0 Likes