Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Random restart (again) after July 1 2022 security update

(Topic created on: 07-19-2022 04:23 AM)
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Options
Support

must I factory reset the phone every time the software gets updated? I already did it after OneUI 4.1 update. 
20 Comments
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Support
Try wiping the cache mate. It might fix it (Some hard problems just needs simple solutions 😉)
I have (not the same issue) but instead, It's system ui randomly restarting every 7 days, I'm still trying to figure out what's the problem. But I hope you fix yours.
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Support
try this if you want..
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/will-reducing-transparency-and-blur-get-rid-of-random-res...

this isn't the 1st time it happened to this device.

for now, again,
I already wiped cache partition and repaired apps. I'm waiting for the next random restart for me to decide whether to factory reset the device or not. thank you.
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Support
It's not actually a restart. More like it just takes my phone to the lockscreen, so that's not a problem to me
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Support
takes your phone to the lockscreen while you're using it?
maybe the power button (or side key) is being pressed. but if its exactly 7 days, maybe there's a weird setting or app. I hope it gets better.
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Support
Nope. AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PROBLEM. IT AIN'T A PROBLEM ANYWAY. I'm on INS CSC right now (India)
0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Support
And it's not while I'm using it
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
I think so. Is Protect Battery off? Is Reduce transparency and blur on?
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Support
you mean this?

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/will-reducing-transparency-and-blur-get-rid-of-random-res...

I figured out that workaround so I wrote the article to maybe help others. Thank you
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Does it work now?
0 Likes