Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen Recording Feature

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 03:01 AM)
Qin5
Active Level 2
Options
Support
How come in A22 4g variant was able to get an update of one ui 4.1 and yet there is no screen recording fearure (except for the game booster one). I'm really hoping there will be a screen recording feature since I do not just screen record the game I'm playing, but also other things.
8 Comments
Support
sadly needs 3rd party app
0 Likes
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Support
Native screen recording doesn't seem to be available to devices running OneUI Core. Even then, the Galaxy A23 is running full OneUI but still no screen recorder.

Somebody in this community did recommend Vidma Screen Recorder. I tried it out with a low-end device and it runs fine. Not sure about privacy and security though.

Here's the link to the version I tried (it's a different app but made by the same devs)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vidma.screenrecorder.videorecorder.videoeditor.lite
TheRabbits
Active Level 6
Support
Did it get screen mirroring/smart view?
0 Likes
Qin5
Active Level 2
Support
Unfortunately no
0 Likes
TheRabbits
Active Level 6
Support
I don't know why such a simple feature has to be ommited from samsung smartphones.
0 Likes
Qin5
Active Level 2
Support
exactly, especially a screen recording feature since you can screen record while playing games but can't screen record other things...
0 Likes
TheRabbits
Active Level 6
Support
Samsung may be doing this to somehow convince buyers to purchase higher flagships which offers the feature. This is embarrassing though since most phones, even the cheaper (non-samsung) ones, include both the feature since its already a part of android. Also, the M-series, which is for the most part an exact replica of its counterpart in A-series offer better features (sometimes hardware too) whilst being cheaper. As an example M22 has both a screen recorder and Smart View.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

I'm so sorry for this inconvenience, Qin5. You might want to send this as feedback to our Samsung devs. You can send an error report through Get help > Send feedback or by following the steps to this link: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-on-samsung-members/

In the meantime, you can download 3rd party screen recording apps that would surely work just as fine as the built-in screen recording feature.

0 Likes