Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unknown screen time

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 04:02 PM)
Missmicah
Active Level 1
Options
Support
Help! Why do my screentime says that I used my phone for 1 hour during 12 am - 1 am when I'm sleeping that time??? This happened to me twice already. What's wrong with my cellphone? Is it hacked? 😭😭
8 Comments
Support
Certainly not hacked over the air (unless someone near you used it). Can you send a screenshot of your Battery Usage and your Screentime in Digital Wellbeing and let's try to analyze what's going on?
Missmicah
Active Level 1
Support
It's impossible that someone in my family can use it because I have my own room and my phone has a password. Also, we are all sleeping by that timeScreenshot_20211209-083649_Digital Wellbeing.jpgScreenshot_20211209-083637_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
Support
Aside from a bug, it's also impossible for Digital Wellbeing to just record your screentime even when your phone's off. Hacking your device over the air isn't the issue here, but someone really used your device. 👻

Kidding aside, let's just hope that's just a bug.
Missmicah
Active Level 1
Support
Thank you for trying to help!
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hello there! When calculating Screen time, the system calculates only the duration of an app running in the foreground. The usage time of apps that are Always allowed, apps running in the background, and apps that have stopped running will not be calculated as Screen time.

Hope to have helped you. Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.  Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! 
Missmicah
Active Level 1
Support
Then, with my situation, is that possible? I did not use the phone between that time and yet there is a record of usage in my screen time.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Support

Hi Missmicah,

👻

Kidding. It might be because you have background apps that light up the screen, such as an alarm or a notification, maybe? 

Or it could just be a bug! 

If you're worried about being hacked, don't be - Samsung Knox does a pretty good job of protecting you from outside attacks - unless, of course, the attacker has access to your login credentials.

Members_dsVcIYe
Beginner Level 2
Support

Hi! 

This situation also happened to me. Was it just a bug or kept happening?

0 Likes