Original topic:

Visible black lines and noise (for grey color) on lowest brightness

(Topic created on: 06-07-2022 01:52 AM)
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Options
Support
Hi!

I just noticed on my A73 that when brightness is set to lowest, I can faintly see marks (thick black lines) noise like thing when the screen is showing grey (such as the background in the menu when in dark mode).
It's only visible in a room with no light so it's not really a problem for me.

Just wondering if this is normal? I did not experience this with my A71 so I'm not sure if this is a defect or common with some superAMOLED? This screen does go more dimmer than the A71 so it could just be a problem with amoled at super low brightness? 
10 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
I don't experience this on my A71 as well. I think it's a defect.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hi, OtakuKenz!

Did this issue persist after a software update? If it didn't, can you try checking your display features by dialing *#0*# to your dial pad? It might be that you're having a hardware issue related to your device's display.

Let me know if there's any update regarding your concern. Thank you!

0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Support
Hi! I tried *#0*# but during the test the screen brightness is way up and there's no grey color to test.

It's only showing on lowest brightness. I did some search and it seems to be called banding/uneven backlight? The pictures I saw with that keyword are similar to what I'm experiencing.

I was not able to test it on lowest brightness prior to the update so I can't confirm if it is related to the update.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Thank you for replying to my message, OtakuKenz. Have you tried changing your lock and home screen wallpaper to a brighter color?

If you can't see the "thick black lines" now in a brighter screen wallpaper, then what you're experiencing is just a difference in brightness in some areas of the Super AMOLED display. This is a common feature of AMOLED displays and it doesn't affect the device's performance and life span. You can check on our customer support hotline or Samsung Service Centers for more information about this if you want to fully understand how AMOLED displays work. Here is the customer support hotline for your reference:

Mobile Devices Hotline:
#GALAXY (just dial #425299) [Toll Free to all networks]
(02) 8422-2177 [Standard Landline]
Available 24/7

You can likewise send us an email through spr.ly/SamsungPH-Support or engage with us through our Live Chat Support at spr.ly/LiveChatSupport.

However, if the problem still persists by then, I suggest you go to the nearest Samsung Service Center in your area for a device check-up and consultation. Standard charges may apply, especially if your device is out of warranty. You can find the nearest Samsung Service Center in your area through our Service Locator: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/?msclkid=72d47e20cf8411ec8ac1394658c823b0

Sorry for this super long message, OtakuKenz! Hope that I addressed your concern.

0 Likes
Mohads
Active Level 2
Support
I tried it on my a73 and I do not see any black markings as you described. I recommend you to confirm or inspect it to the nearest samsung center.
0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Support
Hmmm.. seems like the one I got have a defect 😨

Will bring this to the service center. Thanks.
Mohads
Active Level 2
Support
Hopefully they can replace it with new one.
Itsmerizz
Beginner Level 2
Support

Did you get the replacement, or they just changed your display? I have the same device with same issue, please reply I don't want to get repaired my new phone for defective product 

0 Likes
Itsmerizz
Beginner Level 2
Support

Did you get the replacement, or they just changed your display? I have the same device with same issue, please reply I don't want to get repaired my new phone for defective product 

0 Likes