Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Bixby not working

(Topic created on: 06-13-2021 01:53 PM)
Narhold
Active Level 4
Options
Bixby
I have the s21 ultra when I try and use bixby it will beep so I know it read my voice but it won't do anything, if I say what's the weather it beeps but nothing happens.  Any help will be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, please follow the below steps to reset the settings.

Open Settings, and then tap Apps.

Tap the Sort icon, and then tap the switch next to Show system apps. Tap OK.

Clear the data for Bixby system apps.

Set up  Bixby.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, please follow the below steps to reset the settings.

Open Settings, and then tap Apps.

Tap the Sort icon, and then tap the switch next to Show system apps. Tap OK.

Clear the data for Bixby system apps.

Set up  Bixby.

Narhold
Active Level 4
Bixby
Thanks it works now
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Kerro
Beginner Level 3
Bixby
Hi,
I had a samilar issue on my s10 plus. After I reset it, it stopped making the beep when I tried to wake Bixby and I tried following the steps above but it still doesn't make the wake up sound when I say Hi Bixby. Please help
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Bixby

Hey Kerro,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada Community.

Sometimes you may have multiple apps installed on your Android device that may be set as the default app for a certain file or data type. Maybe you have installed multiple media players or web browsers or device assistance app. Fact is, only one app can be the default app that opens up when you launch a file type or protocol on your device. If none has been set, you will instantly get an action prompt where you are asked to select the app you want to open your selection with.
Go to Settngs> Apps> Tap at option menu (Three dots on right top corner)> Select Default apps> Check your default Device assistance app> Select Bixby.

Bixby Voice lets you have conversations with Bixby! You can ask Bixby to create a reminder, search for something online, and tons of other cool stuff. It provides you with the best AI assistant.
Note: The S10 series and lower have a dedicated Bixby key on their left side.

Set up Bixby Voice with a Bixby key

- To set up Bixby Voice, press and hold the Bixby key.
- If you want to change Bixby's language, tap English, and then choose your desired language.
- Sign in to your Samsung account if you haven't already, and then tap Next again.
- Read the information, and check off your desired settings. Then, tap Next.
- If prompted, tap Next, and follow the instructions to set up Voice wake-up. When you’re finished, tap Done.
Note: You can tap Skip if you want to set it up at a later time. If you've set up Bixby Voice wake-up in the past, it may remember your voice and set it up automatically.

Kerro
Beginner Level 3
Bixby
Okay thanks. The issue has now been fixed!
0 Likes
Frenchy20
Active Level 1
Bixby
I don't want I don't need your spam
0 Likes
Adesh
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

I have s20 fe my  Bixby not working solve my problem 

0 Likes