Original topic:

Bixby won't talk

(Topic created on: 05-15-2022 12:05 AM)
WadeWinstonWilson
Active Level 1
Options
Bixby

I recently purchased the S22 Ultra and for some reason, Bixby just won't talk to me. If I ask a question Bixby either gives a text response or just gives me that stupid 'i don't understand' reply. I used to use it daily on my note9 and it was far from perfect but at least it worked. I've tried every single Youtube tutorial and read every troubleshooting page I could find but nothing answered this. Is anybody here able to assist me with this please?

17 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Bixby
Have you trained your voice so it recognises it better? Settings search for voice match, or just search for voice and see other options like accesibility? Would Google Assistant do? Hold down middle bottom button until Google Assistant opens, or read up using voice for Google Assistant.
0 Likes
Bixby

Thanks for your reply. Google assist works just fine but sometimes that can be buggy so having a functional Bixby is useful. It's pretty sad that Google works better than the Samsung inbuilt app. It recognises my voice just fine. The issue is that Bixby does NOT talk back... it just gives me written information as if I asked Google assist. At least Google assist actually gives verbal replies if I'm driving though but apparently that's too difficult for Bixby.

0 Likes
Bixby
Hmm I don't really use bixby, but is this setting on always for you?Screenshot_20220515-000432_Bixby Voice_34067_1652537072.jpg
Bixby
Thanks for your suggestion. I can't find those settings, are you able to show me the breadcrumb flow through the settings to get there please?
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Bixby

Hi @WadeWinstonWilson, this can be found in:

Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Bixby Voice Settings > Voie Response

0 Likes
Bixby

Wow 6 days just to get a reply... that's pathetic. I already have that setting on 'ALWAYS' and this piece of junk still doesn't work. Is there anybody on here that can actually help? I mean it seems there are people that get paid to respond but don't bother. I'm heading back to Apple, Samsung **bleep**... no loyalty to their customers, even one that buy the 2K models..

0 Likes
h2020
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

to fix the voice response with Bixby

Settings/ apps/ google/permissions/ turn off all permissions

Bixby will work again

To use voice on your home page on google touch the mic and it will ask you for permissions and only give it for this one.

Then they will both work , hope this resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Bixby
Hold the bixby button. Then the three buttons on top right. You'll see Settings and it should be therr
0 Likes
Bixby
Now my bixby button doesn't launch that. I just get that stupid little voice icon squirming in the bottom of the screen. What actual app am I supposed to finding/launching. Routines, voice.. which one please?
0 Likes