Original topic:

new update and Bixby, brutal

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 08:21 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Bixby
Ok, I gotta say it. Don't fix something that isn't broke. 

the most recent Samsung update to the new UI has some positives, but why did they have to ruin Bixby routines with it? It seemed flawless before and I never had any issues with it. Since the new update I pretty much want to scrap Bixby routines, it doesn't detect my home location anymore for my home routine, it messes up my work routine whereas before it didn't, and I'm really shaking my head at this new Bixby update, along with some stuff that seems like it took Samsung futures and dumbed it down a bit, as if it was to advanced or something? Same with the boxy style/look for music when playing and it shows it on the lock screen in the middle in such a box look, what happened to the transparent look, or being able to just view the album screen that is playing from the lock screen. What other features did Samsung try to improve that should of been left alone? 

Let's hear it
9 Comments
Charmer
Active Level 3
Bixby
After my update, I can no longer use my phone app, cannot make outbound calls but can receive incoming calls. and settings has limited functionality. I agree, leave well enough alone. I'm regretting doing this update.
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Bixby
that's a wierd bug, I wonder what caused that to happen, are you running a custom theme or Samsungs stock theme? in sure you've tried a reset with no success I'd assume
0 Likes
Charmer
Active Level 3
Bixby
I actually restarted again in safe mode this morning. Ran a diagnostic scan again, fixed those issues and restarted. Everything worked. I tried that yesterday and it didn't work. I did follow the directions of a few other members, that combined with the last ditch effort of this morning seemed to resolve my issues. Factory restart not needed. Victory!!! I spent a day trouble shooting. I do however suspect it was theme related at this point. With that being said, I don't know I ton about phones, technology etc. I just do my research and teach out to the experts for help. Hope you are able to get your issues resolved.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Bixby
After my 3.1 update on Tab S7+, I can't boot into recovery mode to wipe cache partition.
0 Likes
j0n
Active Level 4
Bixby
My camera app, while taking pictures and viewing, auto rotates, regardless of that setting being off. I guess in the camera app now, you have no choice? The 2-3 updates in the past month have my phone looking and acting a lot less Samsung. Hey Samsung, if we wanted iphones, we'd buy them.
Valeriya
Options
Bixby

Hi, I suggest you please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the steps below and check if the issue got resolved. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition". Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Bixby
and here's the removal of Bixby for me. Samsung went and broke something that wasn't broken. I finally ended up removing my home, work and driving routine because it couldn't perform how it used to with previous Bixby routines let alone activate, now even a basic routine can't enable. low battery mode set at 15% to enable and it can't even do that. RIP Bixby routines

Screenshot_20210211-164436_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-164442_Bixby Routines.jpg

0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Bixby
and the next error. saying hey google follows with "something went wrong please try again". since the new update. worked fine prior.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Bixby

Hi, Let's try to reset the device by following the steps: Before you reset your device please back up your data. Settings >> Search and select Factory data reset >> Tap on Factory data reset again >> tap on Reset.

0 Likes