Original topic:

Weather feedback issue

(Topic created on: 01-28-2022 05:34 PM)
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Options
Bixby

First of all, why are there two different weather capsules in this assistant. They should have the option on to select a default weather app or capsule instead of saying "In Weather Channel, what is the weather today?" Second, I am having problem asking a quick weather in Bixby because it's default in Accuweather and there's always an error message that is saying "there was a connection problem. Please try again." and it keep saying over and over again. 

Please @samsung fix this issue. I want to learn and use Bixby more and more but sometimes this issue hinders me using it.

Thank you

6 Comments
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, could you confirm if you have tried clearing cache to Bixby? If not, here are the steps to perform a clear cache. Emptying the application cache will remove residual files that could slow down the application. In Settings, swipe up and tap Apps. Select Bixby. Tap Storage, then tap Clear cache.

0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Bixby
I've already did that including clearing the data. And still having the same error with AccuWeather
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, I request you to back up and reset and check if the issue persists. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, Settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Bixby
If I reset my phone. Will it go back to the Android 10? Which I think the default Android when I got the phone?
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Bixby

Hi, It will not. A factory reset on Android apps wipes out user settings and installed apps while reverting to stock/system apps. It does NOT reset the firmware. So you still stay on the updated version.

0 Likes
Eldrich
Beginner Level 2
Bixby
The Bixby weather update on my alarm disappeared when I updated my alarm app. Any suggestions?
0 Likes