Original topic:

Longer ring

(Topic created on: 08-27-2021 07:29 AM)
Synfull
Active Level 3
Options
Community Guidelines
Hi All!

I really would like a longer ring for the phone. I've tried a few codes suggested on you tube but so far no luck. Does anyone know a code that would work on Galaxy S 8
12 Comments
Community Guidelines
I think that's depends on your mobile carrier. I use Rogers and only have 3 rings then drop to vm.
Synfull
Active Level 3
Community Guidelines
I use Roger's to. So I have to take my phone with every room I go to.
0 Likes
Synfull
Active Level 3
Community Guidelines
Thanks Tallman for sad news.
0 Likes
Community Guidelines
According to Rogers Wireless, 20 seconds duration is hardcoded at backend system before dropping to voicemail. If you want longer rings or ringtones, the workaround might be turn off voicemail service. This might let you have 60 seconds rings. But I cannot guarantee.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Community Guidelines

Hi Synfull, as suggested by Tallman contact your carrier service. Thanks for the response, Tallman.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines

I use Zedge for custom notifications & ringtones. If you select one that has a longer sound, then effectively you will have a longer ring. 

Try it out & see if it works for you. 

0 Likes
Synfull
Active Level 3
Community Guidelines
Thanks Red! I will try that!!!
Lucca21
Active Level 4
Community Guidelines
Hey there Synfull. Download Good Lock and then Sound Assistant within it on the second page. You can customize many things including vibrations and sounds.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines

Don't see anything in Sound Assistant that will let you change the length of the ring. 

0 Likes